To eat at home, in the office, to take to the beach or to the pool… For many, pasta salads are one of the bests meals in the summertime. Some of the reasons being their versatility (you can make them with any ingredients), how well they keep for hours, how refreshing they are, their delicious flavour and, of course, because of their excellent nutritional properties. At Gallo, we are truly passionate about pasta salads. And, if there’s one ingredient that a good pasta salad must have, it’s tuna. Read on to learn how to quickly make a pasta salad with tuna.
- Your favourite pasta for salads.
- Small cubes of fresh cheese.
- Cooked corn.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- One egg (or a few quail eggs).
- A can of tuna in olive oil.
- Olives, without pits.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook the egg by placing it in a saucepan filled with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the pasta by following the package instructions. Strain and let cool.
- In a bowl, add the pasta, the peeled and diced eggs, the cherry tomatoes sliced in half, the corn, the cubes of cheese, the olives (sliced in half) and the shredded tuna. Dress with a pinch of salt, pepper and oregano. Then, add extra virgin olive oil and vinegar, and mix well.
Reasons to love pasta salad with tuna
Pasta salad with tuna is the queen of summertime and quick dinners. As you have seen, it is ready in the blink of an eye and it’s delicious. It’s also a truly complete meal with carbohydrates, proteins and vegetables. Furthermore, tuna is a fish known for its nutritional properties because it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, phosphorus, iodine, iron and vitamins B, A and D.
A pasta salad with tuna is also a magical solution to get children to eat healthily without complaining. Because, although many kids might panic at the word “salad”, everything changes when you add their favourite pasta and a little imagination. Here’s an idea to make your kids ask for seconds: serve your pasta salad with tuna in individual ice cream waffle bowls. They’ll love it!