This dish is one of the most iconic dishes in the world of cuisine. Perhaps, when thinking of spaghetti with meatballs and tomato sauce, you might recall the memorable scene in the Disney film “Lady and the Tramp” in which the two main characters enjoy this dish during a romantic date. And that’s no surprise because this dish became popular after the release of the film in 1955. The best thing is that it’s a very easy dish to make and that everyone loves it, especially kids. Read on to find out more.
Spaghetti with meatballs: a filmworthy dish
Lady and the Tramp
As we said before, the recipe for spaghetti with meatballs became popular after the release of the Disney film “Lady and the Tramp”. You might remember the iconic scene in which the two main characters enjoy a romantic date and share a dish of spaghetti with meatballs and tomato sauce. But this is not the only starring role of this dish on the big screen!
You might also remember that scene in “The Godfather” in which, after a shooting, the Corleone family gets together to plan their next attacking move while cooking. In this scene, one of the Corleone’s hit men is explaining how to make the famous recipe for delicious spaghetti with meatballs.
Spaghetti with meatballs and tomato sauce recipe
Would you like to make filmworthy spaghetti with meatballs at home? Write down these ingredients and turn on your stove!
- 1 package of Gallo Spaghetti No. 3.
- 1 jar of Gallo’s Napoletana tomato sauce.
- 1 cup of Gallo’s breadcrumbs.
- 1/3 cup of milk.
- 250 g of beef mince.
- 250 g of pork mince.
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1/3 cup of parsley, chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper.
- 2 eggs.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Cook the pasta by following the package instructions.
- To make the meatballs, mix the milk and breadcrumbs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the mince in a large bowl and add the cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, nutmeg and whisked eggs.
- Strain the breadcrumbs from the milk and add them to the meat mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients well without squeezing the meat mixture.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to make it easier to shape the meatballs.
- Remove the mince mixture from the fridge and shape the meatballs (about the size of a golf ball).
- Fry the meatballs in a frying pan and, when golden, add the spaghetti and the tomato sauce.
- Let everything cook together in the frying pan for a few minutes and add a little grated cheese. Your spaghetti with meatballs and tomato sauce is ready to eat! Enjoy 😉