When temperatures start dropping, we increasingly start to crave soups and stews. Soups are a perfect option, especially for dinner. They help you stay warm and, at the same time, provide a large number of nutrients and very few fats. Everyone loves them and there are as many types of soups as ingredients you can use. Below are three soup recipes to enjoy this winter. Which one is your favourite?
Recipe for chicken noodle soup
- Remove the skin and excess fat of the chicken. Wash and chop the vegetables.
- In a saucepan add the chicken, celery, carrots and leek. Season with salt and cover with water. Cook the chicken with the vegetables for 40 minutes, with the lid on and at a medium heat. Then strain the broth and save the chicken and vegetables.
- Pour the clean broth in a saucepan and cook the noodles. Debone and clean the chicken.
- Slice the vegetables and serve the broth with a small portion of chicken meat and vegetables.
Recipe for maravilla soup with vegetables
- Put a saucepan on to heat containing 2 litres of water. Clean the chickens and add them to the saucepan.
- Clean the leek and carrots and peel the pumpkin. Slice the leek and carrots and dice the pumpkin. Add everything to the saucepan.
- Let it cook over a medium heat for about 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken.
- Blend the vegetables with a little broth. Strain the broth and add the blended vegetables.
- Put the saucepan on to heat again with the broth and the blended vegetables. Add two handfuls of maravilla pasta for soups and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 15 minutes over a low heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then serve the soup while hot.
Recipe for letras with vegetables soup
- Clean the vegetables and peel the carrots and courgettes.
- Blend the leek and garlic in a food processor and chop the other vegetables into small cubes.
- Pour oil into a cooking pot and sauté the leek and garlic over the lowest heat, so they don’t get golden.
- When they are almost soft, add the courgettes, carrots and vegetable broth.
- Cover and cook for half an hour, from when steam is released from the pot.
- Then blend the vegetables, add the pasta and season with salt.
- Cook everything (without a lid) for five minutes.
After reading these winter soup recipes you might have, involuntarily, started to salivate. Can you smell the soups that you loved so much when you were a kid? The best thing about these dishes is that you can substitute ingredients with anything you have at home. Are you ready to create your own homemade soup recipe? Discover Gallo’s pastas for soups.